My Favorite Quote

"Experiencing the journey of finding your own spirit reflected in the world around you is why you are here."

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Tooth

So it seems like my life never has a dull moment. Which is good because it would be very boring if it didn't but lately I am fed up and have had enough.

I have this tooth that is the size of a baby bicuspid and it should be an adult sized molar, that is located in the very back on the top of my left side. It never formed like it should and has been causing me a lot of hassle, grief and money the last little bit.

In Nov of last year it abcessed and I had to have a root canal which the recovery for that was the most painful experience I have had in a while. Well the tooth was so little that they don't make crowns small enough for that size so the dentist created a temp crown until I could have one specially made. The permanent one cost $1200 (thank goodness for insurance it paid for most of it) and the permanent one was placed the first of Feb.

The middle of April I was eating dried mangos, and after I was finished I ran my tongue along my teeth to get the excess mango off and realized my $1200 crown was gone. I panicked, and started to feel sick. What was I going to do, I didn't have more money to just go get a new one. So I decided I would have to retrieve it however that looked, assuming I had swallowed it. So I quickly went into the bathroom and made myself throw up. I continued that for quite some time until there was nothing left to throw up and there was no tooth. Ohh, this can't be happening, so then I did the unbearable, started checking my poops. I checked my poops for several days and still nothing. I was SICK :(

I went to the dentist and told him what had happened, he was wonderful. He told me not to worry about it and he would take care of it. I said I don't have money to pay for another crown, he said, its ok that he would pay for it. (Awesome)
I had my teeth cleaned and the hygenist notice that my gums around the tooth with the missing crown was swollen,(which is no surprise becuase I swear my left check still looks swollen to this day from the root canal in Nov.) She tooks some x rays and sure enough I had another infection which is only the 3rd this year. I have been on and off anitbiotics since Oct. So back on antibiotics and I reschedule and go back 2 weeks later.

2 weeks later, my gums are still swollen my jaw bone hurts most of the time and the Dr decides its too risky putting the permanent crown back on, which he had remade and attached to a post so he could just glue the post and slide it in and that way the crown would have something to grab to.
While I was there he made up a little temp crown to get me by till I saw the Endodontist,(which is this week.) Well that came off fri in the middle of surgery. I had to have the nurse pull my mask down and I spit it into a cup. What a nightmare.

My question is this? What am I suppose to learn from this?
Why, does this keep coming into my space? Meaning the infections and the never ending tooth issue. I just want to know what I get to learn from it, and learn and then move on.
So is it really just that simple to ask to move on and create the learning and be done?

3 comments:

Lorraine and Kelly said...

Speaking from a dental assistant perspective there isn't really any life significance just that life is stressful and we have to learn to handle it. Also since that tooth is in the very back and never formed properly anyway you should just have it pulled, you won't miss it and you won't have to spend anymore money on it. I think all the people you've been seeing have just been making money off you.

Beau, Ashley, + Noah said...

i love you !

Sal Casley said...

Thank goodness you have insurance to cover your dental bills! Waiting for much longer will prolong your stay in the world of pain! It was probably a scary experience when you lost your crown. Thankfully, your dentist covered for you. I hope you get rid of all your problems soon!

-Sal Casley