My Favorite Quote

"Experiencing the journey of finding your own spirit reflected in the world around you is why you are here."

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Joe's Valley

The weekend before the 4th. I went camping in Joes Valley with a group of work friends. I had the best time ever. Joes Valley is located in the Manti-La Sal National forrest, it is near Price Utah. We all were able to get off work early Friday June 27th and we drove about 2 hours to Joes Valley. We set up camp and the funny thing is, is I totally signed up and paid my money like 3 weeks in advanced and I was so excited to go, and then a week before we were to leave I realized I didn't own any camping gear. OOPS :( but I was able to borrow a tent and sleeping bag and all that gear from my uncle.. Thanks Brian. So after camp was set up we all went down and picked up our 4 wheelers. (I forgot to mention it is a camping and 4 wheeling trip). That night we roasted marshmellows, and hot dogs and Cathy one of the surgical techs who came made some really yummy baked beans. It was so much fun just hanging out by the fire and telling stories and talking. I had such a great time getting to know everyone better. We went to bed and woke up Saturday had breakfast and then went on a 3 hour 4 wheeling ride all across the mountains. It was so much fun and the National Forest is so beautiful. I would of never known Utah had such great luscious green mountains.
So on the ride there was a dead cow on the side of the path. And it had already started the deterioration process. This might be gross but I thought it was sweet to see, so I snapped a picture. I think its great to see its bones and joints and vertebrae. Something I see everyday in surgery but not everyone does so ENJOY.. :)



All over the forest are these lakes. They are so beautiful.


This I took 4 wheeling. This is on top of the mountain overlooking another mountain to the side.


Heres the Cow. If you can zoom in it actually is pretty amazing
Here you cann see his ribs and leg bones.

This I took 4 wheeling on the other side of the mountain.

1 comment:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

What a gorgeous place!! I wasn't as excited about the deteriorating cow as you, however. :)